Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an option for covering the cargo area that also gives protection to the seat backs and sides?

I'm usually putting plastic pelican cases in the back with the seats down, and right now they slide around and smash up the sides. I just need to get some friction on the bottom, so a long rubber mat would be fine, but it would be nice to protect the sides also.

I found this, but looks kinda dumpy:
Amazon.com: Gallop Special Customized 3d Waterproof Full Cover Cargo Liners & Custom Fit Trunk Mats for Mercedes GLA200 GLA220 GLA260 2015 - Beige: Automotive

·
Registered
880 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the OEM one except that I frequently fold the rear seats to fit large plastic cases, I don't think that would really work since it's designed like a tray and I need more of a longer mat that can cover the seat backs too. I'm not too concerned with the sides as long as there's rubber on the bottom to keep things from sliding around.

I looks the Alibaba one is the same as the one being sold on Amazon, I'm tempted to try it but as m-type mentioned not sure how great the quality is on these things being shipped straight from a factory in China.

There was an OEM one for the GL that would be perfect:

I guess I could try to make something, but it would be great to have something professionally made to fit rather than whatever I come up with involving velcro and rubber.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If they are your pelican cases, put some heavy-duty velcro loops on the cases. Then when you set them down they won't move around. Experiment with the strip sizes so it's not ripping out the carpet obviously but I've done this before myself in a BMW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts