Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Forum rule thinks this is commercial ad but it is not. I own a GLA250 and a GLA enthusiast

That may be, but the multiple adds over several months along with the eBay site links make the actions questionable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to touch on this subject, I own a GLA250 personally, I do not own a business nor sell things for living. I use ebay as a way so people can feel comfortable looking at the feedback since so many scam go on in forum where people sent money and don't ever get the items.

Lastly, I have post many contribution to this forum i.e. fixing rattle noise in cup holder etc and I feel that I was target for doing a good for the community in which I found an item which are quite good so other enthusiast can have a chance buy it.

Next, I no longer have these for sale as I do not and never make money on those and it is quite a hassle to begin with spending time on these things. Lastly I am very upset that I am being branded as selling it as commercial and profiting from it is kind of depressing.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I apologized if I mischaracterized your intentions. I hope you understand that this was a judgment call based on interpretation of forum rules. In a previous post, you stated a new shipment came in, and that was about three months after your initial offer. That statement to me implied a commercial venture.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, thank you for listening...

I was on a business trip in China 6 months ago and got 2 of these and many forums member has ask me where they can purchase.

I have to get a good friend of mine who live in China, have to drive over there to buy these at retail, box it, shipped it Air Mail from China to USA in few box, wait for custom to clear, then I have to listed this on eBay (EBAY FEES), (PayPal FEES) and USPS mail insured, drive to the Post office, just to sell it to the forum member who are buying it. I have to put up money up front and not collecting money for group buy and not wasting my time to explaining to buyer that I am not scamming them. This is why I put it up on ebay so my personal feedback is shown. I know a lot of scammer post items for sale in forum, take the money and disappear.

There is no profit in selling these as I am just doing it as a favor and many hours are wasted. These are great quality and been working on my car daily for a year and the one I sold; not one single member come back and complain about it.

Anyways... just want to stated my reasoning behind this and I wish the board can take more common sense approach on how people sell things here..

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Thank you for the explanation. If we had understood this from the beginning, I don't think there would have been any questions about your intentions or purpose. Perhaps we have become too cynical and suspicious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts