Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I was Soooo excited when I finally purchased my first Mercedes Benz this year!
I bought the GLA because I felt that MB were very safe and the car looks great.
Immediately and continuously I have had transmission problems bringing the vehicle back to the dealer several times.
Often when I initially go forward or reverse the vehicle violently lunges with a loud bang scaring the **** out of me every time.
I have had others in the vehicle with me when this happens and every time the reaction is "what was that!" thinking I was rear ended or hit something.
The dealer tells me that it is a "wet" transmission and is meant to be driven and that I should not be so conservative in my acceleration??? If I rapidly accelerate then the lunge is just more violent.
The dealer has also mentioned that I am not the only one to have this complaint.
I just don't know what to do because I would have never purchased this vehicle if I knew that it would be so scary to drive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mercedes GLA Forum > 2014+ Mercedes GLA Tech Section > Engine and Technical Discussion > Transmission woes

Read this post and you should have your answer...seems quite a few have had this issue and was fixed by the dealer...maybe you need to show your dealer the post...

·
Registered
694 Posts
It might even help to open a case with Mercedes USA just to see what further action they can possibly take in this situation with getting the issue resolved.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I tried looking on the mercedes benz usa site and there doesn't seem to be an option to log vehicle complaints besides calling them or your local dealer.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I tried looking on the mercedes benz usa site and there doesn't seem to be an option to log vehicle complaints besides calling them or your local dealer.
Calling them first before your dealer might be best, at least then it opens a case with them which keeps a 'paper trail' of the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts