Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with their front windshield washers not spraying? When I hit the button, the wipers come on, but nothing sprays. There is also no sound from the pump. When I use the rear sprayer, it works normally. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
Bad pump and/or crimped/broken washer fluid supply line. Those are my ideas.

Lastly of course would be an empty reservoir, but often best to check the most obvious stuff first. 馃槈

However if the rear is getting fluid that would rule out an empty reservoir and bad pump. So take a look at the fluid line(s) to the front washers.

It could also be clogged washer jets.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad pump and/or crimped/broken washer fluid supply line. Those are my ideas.

Lastly of course would be an empty reservoir, but often best to check the most obvious stuff first. 馃槈
My guess is that it's some sort of electrical issue, since the rear sprayer works. You can hear the pump working when the rear switch is triggered. With the front, the wipers come on when the button is pressed, but these is no pump sound.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't push the button for the front washers in all the way. I guess it has two positions. First for just wipers and all the way in for fluid.

Super Moderator
The button on the end of the stalk has two detents. You depress it first stop and wipers only, depress it a little father and the washers come on.

Reactions: cjdzombie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts