Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a chance to buy front AMG Performance seats. But they come from A-class W176, does anyone know are they the same as in our GLAs ... ??

·
Registered
816 Posts
From what I can tell the A Class and GLA Class are the same vehicle with a few minor differences. MB sells the A Class in Europe as a hatch and the GLA Class in North America as a SUV (because Americans do not buy hatchbacks :rolleyes:

I can not see why the seats would not physically fit, but then there are the wiring harnesses…are they compatible?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell the A Class and GLA Class are the same vehicle with a few minor differences. MB sells the A Class in Europe as a hatch and the GLA Class in North America as a SUV (because Americans do not buy hatchbacks :rolleyes:

I can not see why the seats would not physically fit, but then there are the wiring harnesses…are they compatible?

Do not know, I did not see them yet because it is far from my location. I guess it soould fit as technical but not sure about wiring yet. In my opinion it should be the same but who knows... I will ask for more pictures.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would think that Mercedes-Benz would save quite a bit of money by making them the same but you never know. Have you thought of getting the part numbers for replacement seats from a Mercedes dealer in a country where they sell both? If they come back the same for each model, you know you will probably be ok.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think that Mercedes-Benz would save quite a bit of money by making them the same but you never know. Have you thought of getting the part numbers for replacement seats from a Mercedes dealer in a country where they sell both? If they come back the same for each model, you know you will probably be ok.
Part numbers for GLA and A You mean ? I may check, but different numbers will not mean it will not fit. Technically I am sure will will fit but not sure about connections. Has anyone of You AMG seats in GLA ? Could You do picture of connections under it please ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, Part Numbers from the GLA and the A. I Understand that different numbers do not mean that they will not fit but if they are the same, you will have a affirmative answer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Part Numbers from the GLA and the A. I Understand that different numbers do not mean that they will not fit but if they are the same, you will have a affirmative answer.

I have looked on to seats parts in GLA, all parts inlc seats parts (there no option to get complete seat assembly), electrical wirings to thoose have numbers started with A176 so there might be the same...

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the AMG Sport seats and just to confirm these are what you are looking to purchase>>>

I will tomorrow try to take a few pics under the seats for the connectors…no promises what I will end up getting in the way of pics

·
Registered
816 Posts
The electrical connections>>>

Drivers Side seat

Passenger side seat

If you look carefully there are additional wires to the connectors for the passenger side seat and the connectors are left hand side and right hand side specific. Also, would assume if you have the standard seats the head rest is moveable via the seat control on the door…AMG have fixed head rests. Since my GLA45 is a US spec car, it is a left side (steering wheel etc)…. in Poland are the cars left side or right side set ups?

I do not know if any of this helps or is causing more questions

Reactions: circoloco

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the AMG Sport seats and just to confirm these are what you are looking to purchase>>>

I will tomorrow try to take a few pics under the seats for the connectors…no promises what I will end up getting in the way of pics
yes, that's it but in black/red ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The electrical connections>>>

If you look carefully there are additional wires to the connectors for the passenger side seat and the connectors are left hand side and right hand side specific. Also, would assume if you have the standard seats the head rest is moveable via the seat control on the door…AMG have fixed head rests. Since my GLA45 is a US spec car, it is a left side (steering wheel etc)…. in Poland are the cars left side or right side set ups?

I do not know if any of this helps or is causing more questions

I have sport seats already so no head rest moveable, steering wheel the same side :)

I will take a look, for now I am 98% sure it will fit. Next week I wam planning to visit them with my car so I will try to fit on pleace.

Thank You for Your help.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Great…let me know if it all works out!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just called them today to visit and buy this weekend - I confirmed just "plug&play" it will work for 99,99%.
They confirmed - sold.... wrrrrr.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow that's great. I will be getting my car soon in couple of months.
I was concerning about replacing the sport seats to the AMG ones due to the electrical wires.
After reading this post and it's a plug & play, really made my day.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Pae Jariyapan... welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself and the GLA you will be getting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the 45 with Premium Pack the AMG Recaros and the only difference between the drivers & passenger seats is the passenger don't get the adjustable thigh bolsters. So even you did fit them from a LHD to RHD or visa-versa, that would be the only fuction you will loose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts