Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon the fact that perhaps the best oil for the Nissan-Renault Alliance sourced engine series M270 for GLA250SUV is Motul oil, specifically 8100 x-Max with 229.5 approval designation. I read that it even surpasses Mercedes OEM branded oil. This is the same manufacturer that supplies performance lubricants for the French ELF team. It comes in 0W40 viscosity rather than 5W40. And Walmart carries it at fabulous discounted prices!!! ... Anyone with past experience or comments?

https://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/8100-x-max-0w40

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
This gets rave reviews among some Porsche owners who do oil analysis. This is the first that I've heard Wal-Mart carries it. Personally, I've opted to stay with Mobil One, not necessarily because it is better or best, but because it's my habit.

Some additive packages can battle with others. Some switches to alternative oils may require a flush. To my knowledge there is not a problem going from Mobil One to Motul, but I figure it's worth mentioning here in case someone is using a different oil.

·
Registered
469 Posts
yah Motul is one of the best, But do you really need it? no
if i race the car all the time that would be my choice and still oil changes at 3k so its up to you.
i change 3k mobil one and no problem.
c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts