Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In several locations on the GLA there are QR Codes noted as "Rescue Card" and can be read by a QR Code Reader. First responders can scan the Code and up comes a data sheets on where the gas tank, pressurized gas cylinders [seat belt pre tensioners], air bags etc are located>

This on in is located on the passenger front door frame>>

When I scanned with my IPhone, lots of data and graphics appeared and I spotted this… GLA has a primary battery and a second battery for the ECO start/stop system>>

I thought it was interesting and I have seen no reference in the manuals about this second battery

Reactions: cemeek and crabman

·
Registered
197 Posts
I recall a T-shirt that said, "Be alert, the world needs more lerts" Which is maybe another way of saying that is an interesting find. I would question whether this battery is in the gas models which wouldn't need it, maybe just the diesel variants?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did some research... It appears that all CLAs have the 2nd battery and they report being able to see it by looking up under the dash from the passenger side foot well. Something I hadn't thought of is that several CLA owners reported hooking up subs, radar detectors, etc to that battery to save the hassle of getting to the engine compartment battery. I'll be taking advantage of that myself.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did some research... It appears that all CLAs have the 2nd battery and they report being able to see it by looking up under the dash from the passenger side foot well. Something I hadn't thought of is that several CLA owners reported hooking up subs, radar detectors, etc to that battery to save the hassle of getting to the engine compartment battery. I'll be taking advantage of that myself.
That's actually a great idea since having done this in the past with other vehicles, I know how time consuming it can be to feed a power wire neatly through the firewall and eventually to the battery.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, for those that don't use stop/start (like me) the battery will be completely idle anyways making it that much more attractive to tap into for DC needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts