Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Unfortunately, I spent too much time this morning trying to create albums and assigning my mod pictures to them before I realized you can only have a total of 10 pictures across all albums. If that is called out somewhere I think I missed it. If not, we might want to make that a bit more clear so other folks don't hit the same issue I did. :)

The side-effect of this was that I went to go configure my Garage so I could post the pictures there. However, at this time I have not been able to figure out how to access this...and haven't seen one other garage posted either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Photobucket or other image hosting service works best. Works best for posting images on the site too.
One big advantage is not filling up our GLA website with image data, instead allowing someone else to host the image for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used that method often before but if Photobucket, Flikr, etc. site makes some changes, those links can become broken leading to missing images in posts. For a long time I hosted all my own images but it became more of a pain to manage images on one site and the forum info on another. I can look into other options as well to see if I can find something that might be suitable and then redirect folks via my signature instead of pointing folks to the Garage on the forum. Just seems odd since there is a Garage feature but it doesn't appear to be up and running just yet.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
You're right HumblePie, doesn't seem to be a way to even use the 'Garage' feature...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Boris, just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation. I've been playing with various online hosting sites to see if it will work for me. So far Photobucket seems to be very flexible and straightforward for what I need and is quite different from a few years back when I used it last. I'm going to switch over to hosting my images there to give it a try.

One downside is that in testing the site with different browsers It would appear that the site is not displaying correctly for me in Firefox 35.0.1. Could be my setup though...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I get a permissions error when trying to access the Garage feature.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hey Boris, just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation. I've been playing with various online hosting sites to see if it will work for me. So far Photobucket seems to be very flexible and straightforward for what I need and is quite different from a few years back when I used it last. I'm going to switch over to hosting my images there to give it a try.

One downside is that in testing the site with different browsers It would appear that the site is not displaying correctly for me in Firefox 35.0.1. Could be my setup though...
Photobucket has a solid app for iphone too. Makes it easy to upload stuff on the fly

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good tip. Will download now. :). Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts