Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the GLA class is built on a CLA chassis, I'm wondering if anyone has done any research on what accessories could be crossed over from the CLA to the GLA.

In this specific case, I'm shopping for a window sun shade. There is a guy on ebay selling a custom fit one that I like but for a CLA-class. Any thoughts on whether it would fit work is a GLA45?

Thanks!

·
Registered
816 Posts
When you say "window sun shade" are you referring to the side windows? If yes, know that the CLA has frameless side windows and GLA has framed side windows and the side window shapes are different. Might make a difference in what fits and not so much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since the GLA class is built on a CLA chassis, I'm wondering if anyone has done any research on what accessories could be crossed over from the CLA to the GLA.

In this specific case, I'm shopping for a window sun shade. There is a guy on ebay selling a custom fit one that I like but for a CLA-class. Any thoughts on whether it would fit work is a GLA45?

Thanks!
Do You mean rear windows ?
Provide link to eBay please.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think it will just be better to wait, it's only a couple more weeks anyways and at least doing this you'll know for sure that its meant for your car.

Might be some differences from GLA to CLA in the slightest but enough to make a difference with a product like this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can tell you the CLA mudflaps do not fit the GLA.....I think different rocker panels.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I ordered the CoverCraft windshield shade and is slated to be deliver on 8/4 BUT it took 2 weeks before they shipped out due to being "special order item"… will find out how special it is meaning how well it fits

·
Registered
816 Posts
The CoverCraft windshield shade came in today…down side is it is a special order item for the GLA and takes about 2 1/2 weeks to receive from making order (maybe they will start stocking them and shorten delivery time). The good news is it is well made and has an excellent fit.

This shade is a rigid multi layer type shade and is finished with a soft almost velvet for the interior part and then exterior (to face the sun) is a hard almost reflective finish (this comes in several colors and in my case I order blue)

Folded and sitting on the storage bag>>>

And installed>>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts