Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 2016 GLA model and it looks pretty sweet, though haven't had a chance to get a test drive. My only concern is about the space of driver's seat, does it fit in well for someone who's 6'2"? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6'5" and fit with an inch or two of headroom to spare. This is with the seat all the way down of course. I do wish the seat frame was not as tall and that I sat lower as I'm looking out the top of the windshield. We did not get the moonroof as it will lower the interior headroom so if you are concerned about it then don't get the moonroof.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm 6'5" and fit with an inch or two of headroom to spare. This is with the seat all the way down of course. I do wish the seat frame was not as tall and that I sat lower as I'm looking out the top of the windshield. We did not get the moonroof as it will lower the interior headroom so if you are concerned about it then don't get the moonroof.
An extra bit to the point. I am not as tall, but can confirm that not having the panorama roof adds on about an inch and a half to the front seat headroom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the feedback, DavidM. Really helpful!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm 6' 2" and I feel comfortable in the GLA. I'm used to the headroom space coming from the WRX STI world. You will have to be careful not to hit the side of your head when entering the vehicle. Beside that and depending how you position you seat, you should have a few inches available. I've hit holes in the highway which magically appeared when they saw the GLA coming and did not bang my head after the jolt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm 6'-4"...plenty of room...and head room also (I have the panoramic top)...I just have to lower my head getting in, after that very comfortable and roomy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts