Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
extra hardware for my flash tool to be able to read PW from the gla ecu showed up via fed ex today.

went straight to reading and tuning the ecu in the gla.

wrote a quick stg1 style tune with cat delete added in for when the car finally gets a test pipe.

drives pretty nice now with some added boost and makes some nice psh psh sounds from the dv when letting off the throttle.

few pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are you using to access the ECU? Looks like you have to pull the ECU out of the car and connect wires to the pins on the ECU connector? You just wrote a new tune? Typically that involves a dyno, wideband O2 sensor, etc. I have a STi (wife's car is the GLA) and am wondering what all is involved in tuning a Merc. Thanks.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
day gig is writing bosch ecu tunes, vw/audi mostly, so i have all the proper tuning equipment already.

but yes, pull ecu, read, patch file, reflash. data log to make sure all is happy. for being incredibly complex, the way the ecu works is kind of simple. its all based on Nm request mostly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any concerns on parts failing on you? I love reflashing turbo engines but I'm still on warranty. I haven't seen any car explode because of a Stage 1 tune or sth so I'm not sure if I should take the leap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts