Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we got the car, the cocoa brown GLA 250 4MATIC, premium, multimedia, 19" wheels, blind assist, etc. It is, indeed, a very nice and entertaining machine. The first bit of observation. Due to the delivery delay, we got for week a loaner GLA 250 ( credit to the MB good service style). The loaner GLA was basic 2015, fw only. I was surprised to find out that the first drive of our 2016 4MATIC appeared to be noticeably different, including the feel of the road and stop and go dynamic. Apparently, the default driving mode appeared to be no longer Eco, but Comfort, a kind of intermediate state between Eco and Sport. I found the Comfort mode being more responsive and interesting. The softer feel of the road is a bit harder to explain. The loaner GLA wheels were 18", supposingly providing softer ride than our new GLA 19" wheels. Could that be the 4MATIC effect? Anyhow, the big driving will start soon. I am looking to sharing the impressions.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I too noticed a difference in feel between the FWD GLA and my 4MATIC. Our dealer gave us a basic 2015 FWD GLA as a loaner when my wife's GLK was in for service. The FWD GLA felt lighter on starts and stops, but the ride seemed a little harsher.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today we had a very heavy rain ( flooding alert along the coast). Well, driving the 4MATIC in heavy rain and water flows all over, appeared to be pleasantly smooth. An excellent grip and the pin pointed steering. The adaptive wipers were so quick to react, while bypassing the trucks through the misty cloud...I got impressed by the good work of sensors. It wasn't an off road environment, but definitely a new way of driving in bad weather conditions. This is a car with minimal delays behavior pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.