Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the A45 will be given a mid-life facelift this Autumn couple with a power increase by another 20hp. Can we expect to see Merc giving the same treatment & power increase to the GLA45 this Autumn?
Cheers mate!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Given that the A45 will be given a mid-life facelift this Autumn couple with a power increase by another 20hp. Can we expect to see Merc giving the same treatment & power increase to the GLA45 this Autumn?
Cheers mate!
nope. No earlier than 2nd half 2016

·
Registered
694 Posts
As for power increase, we're probably going to be better off depending on a tune to make a real difference. Even if we get 20hp more, i doubt we'll feel it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
From that link:

AMG insiders told Autocar: "We’re not going to simply rest on our laurels. We already have certain developments in store for the M133 [the internal codename for the A45’s engine] that will see us retain a competitive edge if and when our rivals do catch up.”

They better step it up quick because VW is looking to topple their 2liter engine by pushing out 400hp in the upcoming Golf R400 from VWs own 2liter turboed 4cyl.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice to see that they are pushing themselves and not just doing something minor and cosmetic. With how competitive this segment is, it makes sense that they have more pressure on them to keep this model at the top of its game.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice to see that they are pushing themselves and not just doing something minor and cosmetic. With how competitive this segment is, it makes sense that they have more pressure on them to keep this model at the top of its game.
They have to and they have the ability to do it, anything to ensure a successful kick off to sales and to stay a step ahead of the competiton.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Any ideas on what could be changed when the GLA is given its facelift?
no anytime soon, especially for the US market. From looking at the sister CLA, 2016 will have the new steering wheels, new 8 inch screen from the C class, and possible red vent liners. Also probably have the over priced, AMG performance studio as an option for the 45s

·
Registered
470 Posts
CLAs new steering wheels nice, wish the GLAs had them already. New center consoles a nice upgrade too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The updated Mercedes-Benz A-Class will be introduced online over the summer, and it will greet the public for the first time at the Frankfurt Motor Show that will open its doors next September.

The visual changes will be minor at best. Official pictures are not available, but sources close to Mercedes have hinted the A will get revised headlights, a redesigned grille, new bumpers on both ends and new-look LED tail lamps.

Buyers will have more options to choose from, including LED ambient lighting, a long list of comfort- and safety-oriented electronic driving aids and a wi-fi hotspot, a first in the nameplate's history. The A will also benefit from the latest generation of Mercedes' infotainment system.
. . .

·
Registered
470 Posts
Digging the new front fascia with the grinning like mouth but the bottom is kind off weird, somewhat reminds me of a Ford Focus? That should be different on the GLA though with it being an SUV/CUV ;P

·
Registered
470 Posts
Non-AMG models

Reactions: ZomZom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tell me you wouldn't turn some heads with that green A45 here in the states!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cheers mate!
from the uk forum, so motor,trans,differential and adjustable susp
"Well it has just been confirmed by AMG guy Tobias his name If I'm not mistaken that the CLA & GLA45 will get the same facelift A45 engine & 7DCT upgrades as well. Front mechanical locking diff will be thrown in as well. He just say it will be soon & it will not coincide with their respective face lift which means to say it will have it before their face lift. I suspect the respective 2016 models will get the upgrades. Face lift will probably come one year later as both models were launched later than the A.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No idea on the trade in. I notice that article says a short 3rd and 7th but the rest of the blurbs I have read on it said 3rd through 7th, I wonder which is correct?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts