Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can you tell what all extra packages were offered when you bought your GLA? I know few like prepaid maintenance, tire protection etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was offered:

- Key fob replacement (declined)
- Prepaid scheduled maintenance (wound up getting my first two annual service appointments comp'd)
- tire/wheel protection (declined)
- Paint chip/door ding protection (declined)
- Clear bra installation (declined)
- Window tinting (declined, too expensive)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was offered:

- Prepaid scheduled maintenance (wound up getting my first two annual service appointments comp'd)
Can you please tell what was included in Key fob replacement?
And if you dont mind, can you explain "wound up getting my first two annual service appointments comp'd"

Thanks,

·
Registered
123 Posts
These options can probably be installed/added by your go to garage for a lot cheaper:
- tire/wheel protection
- Clear bra installation
- Window tinting

The warranty is probably what I would go for too especially with the poor road quality after every winter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can you please tell what was included in Key fob replacement?
And if you dont mind, can you explain "wound up getting my first two annual service appointments comp'd"

Thanks,
Key fob replacement/insurance was $300 if I ever lost one. Covered replacement key, cutting of physical key and recoding of BOTH fobs. I declined because in the fine print it actually only covered this happening ONCE in 3 years.

During the purchasing process I negotiated having my first two annual (10K and 20K) services given to me for free. The original offer from the dealer was $800 prepaid (around $1300 MSRP) but I worked that into me purchasing the vehicle that day off the lot and the dealer agreed.

As @cute-ute mentions, the additional items such as tint, clear bra and wheel protection can all be done later and likely cheaper through other sources. I had my windows done by the same shop that has been doing my cars for the last 10 years.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Key fob replacement/insurance was $300 if I ever lost one. Covered replacement key, cutting of physical key and recoding of BOTH fobs. I declined because in the fine print it actually only covered this happening ONCE in 3 years.

During the purchasing process I negotiated having my first two annual (10K and 20K) services given to me for free. The original offer from the dealer was $800 prepaid (around $1300 MSRP) but I worked that into me purchasing the vehicle that day off the lot and the dealer agreed.

As @cute-ute mentions, the additional items such as tint, clear bra and wheel protection can all be done later and likely cheaper through other sources. I had my windows done by the same shop that has been doing my cars for the last 10 years.

Hope this helps!
nicely explained, thanks twoalpha

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was offered:

Tire protection - $500 (declined)
Extended warranty, 7yrs, 100k - $4,500 (declined)
Prepaid scheduled maintenance - $1,200 (declined)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went with the roof racks and the trunk liner. I don't know if you'd consider those expenses or just extra accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was offered:

Would you mind sharing how much the tinting was and what you think is reasonable for tinting? I am in Georgia and I think we can only tint back seat windows and rear window.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Would you mind sharing how much the tinting was and what you think is reasonable for tinting? I am in Georgia and I think we can only tint back seat windows and rear window.
I paid $100 to have my driver and passenger front windows done to match the existing tint on the rear windows so it looks uniform. It is darker than the legal limit in MN (which is 50%) but I'll take that risk.

I paid $400 to have all 5 windows done on my other with 3M Crystaline.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts