Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day when I was cleaning the GLA, I noticed that the exhaust surrounds are non-functional and simply part of the rear bumper. There is only one exhaust pipe per side and each pipe terminates 4+ inches before the faux exhaust surround. To make matters worse, each surround is pointlessly divided in two to make it appear like it is quad exhaust.

Has anybody else noticed this? Does it bother you as much as it bothers me?

Also, has anybody made any mods to rectify this injustice?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I recently noticed this as well. While it is a bit disappointing, I can't really complain as the performance of the car is spectacular in my book.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Common on many cars these days, looks over function.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The other day when I was cleaning the GLA, I noticed that the exhaust surrounds are non-functional and simply part of the rear bumper. There is only one exhaust pipe per side and each pipe terminates 4+ inches before the faux exhaust surround. To make matters worse, each surround is pointlessly divided in two to make it appear like it is quad exhaust.

Has anybody else noticed this? Does it bother you as much as it bothers me?

Also, has anybody made any mods to rectify this injustice?
This is common practice done in most carecent companies these days even Lamborghini and ferrari. It helps to keep the design clean. Some companies do it better than others.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts