Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the stupid start/stop function be permanently turned off? Had this car for a week and I am sick of the **** intrusion. I turn it off but it resets each time and I am tired of it. Any help.

Super Moderator
No, it can not. At least not by any "normal" means. It's part of Benz, et al manufacturers, fuel efficiency compliance.

My wife's job when I'm driving her GLA is to immediately turn it off. 馃槈

Registered
No, it can not. At least not by any "normal" means. It's part of Benz, et al manufacturers, fuel efficiency compliance.

My wife's job when I'm driving her GLA is to immediately turn it off. 馃槈
I find that if you use the Individual* setting in Vehicle Dynamics and turn it off it stays off for at least a day no matter how many times you exit the car and restart it. Next day when you enter the car just select Individual* again. Helps somewhat.

Premium Member
I find that if you use the Individual* setting in Vehicle Dynamics and turn it off it stays off for at least a day no matter how many times you exit the car and restart it. Next day when you enter the car just select Individual* again. Helps somewhat.
^^^
this

It just stays off

get in, punch button, wait 5,step on brake press button to start, spin dial to I, tug shifter to drive, release brake

fogeddaboutit

Super Moderator
Hitting the auto start/stop disable button would seem easier then cycling the drive modes; tedious both. But then if you're like my next door neighbor making a daily half dozen short out-back trips I guess worth it to reset to Individual. 馃槈

Registered
Hitting the auto start/stop disable button would seem easier then cycling the drive modes; tedious both. But then if you're like my next door neighbor making a daily half dozen short out-back trips I guess worth it to reset to Individual. 馃槈
Well, yes that would be fine I agree, but I have the car set up thru the I* setting, such as sport steering and suspension etc., so for me it is more convenient to do it that way, and like I said previously it stays that way all day.

Super Moderator
Driving in town where there are a lot of stoplights and especially if they are long on red there is a saving. If you have the display set to MPG you can watch the number go down as you set at the light with the engine running. When you have Stop/Go working it does not change when the engine is stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts