Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo people. So my Gla 220cdi 2014 got some error. Check engine came out and it doesn't drive well anymore. I used my diagnstic tool and it said p0401. As google say it has something with EGR to do. Question is, did someone take it out? How to do it? I would like to try to clean it first, but another option if you knew how to bypass it? I did it on om646 with few resistors and diodes(there is complete circuit) is there something for our poor car? I mean mercedes really did poor job on quality on GLA, it is really poor built, old C class I had was waaay better, built 20 years ago. This thing doesn't deserve to have a star in front of it. At 140 000 km it just shouldn't have any problems,and yet it makes more problems than 5 year old dacia

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
Just yesterday my wife in her 2018 GLA 250 ran into an old friend who told her how much she liked her Benz and also lamented that she had to trade in her same GLA model, which she very much enjoyed, only because she now needed a 3-row for growing family. So not everyone shares your negative viewpoint.

It's quite understandable when someone has a bad experience with a particular model that they first have an emotional reaction that they're all bad. But then maturity and intellect usually prevail with the realization that they may have a somewhat unique situation.

Any part which is continuously subjected to the exhaust stream will wear at an accelerated rate, just the nature of the beast. Driving style, fuel quality, environment, etc. of course can play a major role.
Automotive lighting Font Engineering Auto part Technology

Hallo people. So my Gla 220cdi 2014 got some error. Check engine came out and it doesn't drive well anymore. I used my diagnstic tool and it said p0401. As google say it has something with EGR to do. Question is, did someone take it out? How to do it? I would like to try to clean it first, but another option if you knew how to bypass it? I did it on om646 with few resistors and diodes(there is complete circuit) is there something for our poor car? I mean mercedes really did poor job on quality on GLA, it is really poor built, old C class I had was waaay better, built 20 years ago. This thing doesn't deserve to have a star in front of it. At 140 000 km it just shouldn't have any problems,and yet it makes more problems than 5 year old dacia

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did clean it well, also vacuumed it with ash vacuume cleaner, taped some thin flexible hose to get in and take as much out as possible. Did drive few kilometers like 30-40 and no errors so far. Looking good but ofc I need few days to verify

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
Wow, that was absolutely filthy! No wonder you were having issues. Well done on the cleaning job and now you know the ongoing maintenance that is required. (y)

Where there's internal combustion there's internal waste products no matter how well designed. ;)
Anyways I did some simple cleaning job.. Looking good now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts