Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....are you trained to turn it off every time you get in the car or do you let it do its thing?

What say you?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I leave it on. My warranty will expire 6 months after the my payments end so if it causes any problems MB will have to fix it.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Seat belt. Turn key. push 'ECO' button. Push 'S.' Go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ECO setting was for passing emissions lol I turn my off to sport or manual... have you noticed on start up only the left exhaust is working ;) until warmed up ... gets awfully sooty..

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
ECO setting was for passing emissions lol I turn my off to sport or manual... have you noticed on start up only the left exhaust is working ;) until warmed up ... gets awfully sooty..
Direct-injection. These motors may be susceptible to carbon buildup like all the other DI cars on the market.

I cannot confirm for our GLA's, but I do know some engines are now being built with an extra injector to wash the carbon away.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
It's boring but I do it everytime. Brabus has a program to turn it off as default but very expensive...
If Brabus was able to do it, then it is 'repeatable.' Expect to see this coming soon from other tuners.

Reactions: Springer

·
Registered
81 Posts
So....are you trained to turn it off every time you get in the car or do you let it do its thing?

What say you?
Trained - off it goes.
Seat belt. Turn key. push 'ECO' button. Push 'S.' Go.
Same here. I'm only at 400 miles, so per the owners manual, I am not supposed to use Sport or Manual mode yet. YET.

I cheat a little and use it on the commute home. I was amazed at the difference Sport Mode makes in the driving experience. I love to paddle shift as well. I had a 370Z before the GLA, and I banged the paddles every time I drove the car. It's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. It becomes as natural as regular shifting.

·
Registered
4 Posts

What say you?
I hate having to hit the button and hit the sport mode. Is there a way to over ride so that it defaults to sport and no econo mode?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Is there a way to over ride so that it defaults to sport and no econo mode?

Nope…is what it is… CAFE thing

·
Registered
197 Posts
For certification they use whatever mode the car defaults to as the predominant mode. If the car does not default to a particular mode then they test all the modes and average the highest and the lowest. This is why you see more and more cars with multiple modes which default to their (by whatever name) economy mode.

If you wander down below into the electronics section you will find a lock pick thingie.

·
Registered
470 Posts
bah humbag

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just want to reiterate how much I hate this feature. When I forget to turn it off or actually try to drive with it on, it's just so **** annoying and dangerous.

To activate it you have to step on the brakes to a certain degree but you can still be in a full stop and it won't shut the engine down unless you step on the brake further. On more than one occasion now, I don't press on the brakes enough for it to activate but then would active (engine shuts off) right when I am about to let go of the brakes and when I step on the gas the car does nothing but revs without moving. This takes maybe a 2-3 seconds which is a long time when you are waiting for the car to move, it could mean a crash or not especially when making a turn on an intersection or entering a street from a driveway or parking lot.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My solution and now it is my brain's default mode…always put selector in Sport or M mode (AMG model)…works like a charm ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
About 80%-90% of my driving has the car on at least S but again sometimes I just forget and that is just when it is annoying and bad.

I know the reason why it's there but I really, REALLY WISH there was simply an off button somewhere hidden within the vehicle or even in the engineer screen of the multimedia.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Trained ... I drive mine in manual EvERY time
Prefer to have full control of my vehicle..don't do much mileage so mpg is not a concern
Addicted to exhaust note especially after engine tune...mmmmm

·
Registered
132 Posts
I never use the stop start pain in the arse thing. I go straight to S mode around town, M mode when i want to play and C mode on trips

1 - 20 of 25 Posts