Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
This could be as simple as a defective switch or an error message that is not being displayed. If you have an OBD II reader I would start there.

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
Almost sounds like a coding problem. If it were me I'd be looking toward the dealer.

I know MB has a computer for accessing vehicle set up. For Porsche I use a Durametric. I haven't had to find out the details of the MB unit but I'm guessing someone here may have that information.

FWIW the Porsche interface options are fairly expensive so not many DIYers invest in one. But it is nice to have when you want to program lights or steering wheel controls or turn off the air bag light.

You may want to Google Foxwell. They have several different units with an MB vehicle interface option. Warning: I don't know if this will address your needs but here is a link ...

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
As Wayne cites Benz dealership service bays have a far more robust diagnostic suite than do independent shops. They should therefore be able to get to the root of what also appears to me to be a coding issue at this point. Vehicles are ever more rolling computers and therefore much more often a firmware/sensor issue than mechanicals in these situations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very sad because i received a brand new Dynamics Button from mercedes today my old dynamics button got blown for some unknown reason my sports Plus is still not displaying on my instrument cluster i cant put it into sports / sports plus mode so no pops and bangs for me any one know where the fuse to this button is located ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
There are fuses in front of the passenger footwell (right side of car) as well as under I cover near the left front fender near the battery.

I'm concerned that whatever caused the switch to fail may still be suspect. Hopefully it was just a defective switch and a fire preventing fuse.

Let us know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts