·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New owner here from California.

2016 GLA250 FWD White
Premium, Navigation, Sport Package.

Have been driving for almost a month and realized the car always started with Comfort Mode. Is there any way to set the default mode as other modes such as E or I when the car is started?

I found it pretty annoying that I have to press DYNAMIC SELECT three times to get to E mode.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum, straussgustav. I believe, but am not certain, you can program a different driving mode to start in by setting up the "I" individual settings per the hard copy and digital operators manual accessible on your video console.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum, straussgustav. I believe, but am not certain, you can program a different driving mode to start in by setting up the "I" individual settings per the hard copy and digital operators manual accessible on your video console.
The car always defaults to (C)omfort mode (at least it does for US 2016 GLA 250 models). Even if you create an 'I' mode you still have to select it to use it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have read that it must default to the 'C' mode thus starting in 2nd gear and having ECO engine shut down…. all because of CAFE needs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yup even for the 2016 models, it always default back to "C", if you have the performance exhaust on the 45 it remember the "on" setting for a few hours after shutting off engine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have heard that BMW owners can have the dealer service Tech make a programming change to have Dynamic Select start up with the last setting used. That could allow the driver to set up an "Individual" profile with Eco mode off and not have to startup with it on all the time.

Has anyone talked to their Mercedes service dept about this capability?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard that BMW owners can have the dealer service Tech make a programming change to have Dynamic Select start up with the last setting used. That could allow the driver to set up an "Individual" profile with Eco mode off and not have to startup with it on all the time.

Has anyone talked to their Mercedes service dept about this capability?
I would be interested in hearing about that too!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes this is quite annoying indeed. I found out that by setting the Dynamic Select to E mode, the gliding mode really saves gas. I have better control of shift between D5 and D6 at speeds between 40-50 mph on secondary roads. I can coast at D6 and when just step on accelerator it immediately downshift to D5 and then up shift to D6. If I drive on C mode, the shift goes to D7 and lingers there, I do feel engine struggling. It is annoying as stated by OP that every time I start the engine, I have to press three times to get to E mode again !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup even for the 2016 models, it always default back to "C", if you have the performance exhaust on the 45 it remember the "on" setting for a few hours after shutting off engine.
I had a 67 plate gla premium plus and that remembered the mode it was in for 4 hours. I’ve just picked up a 70 plate gla amg line yet that starts up in comfort mode every time I start it up it’s really annoying

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
The reversion to 'Comfort' (also contains Eco settings in NA) is likely part of the Benz fleet fuel efficiency rating, as is the Eco start/stop reversion to On.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts