Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 45 is on order but not locked. She put a lot of options on the order, but we opted out of the Dynamic Package, putting Adaptive Suspension as an ala carte option. This saved $2K. That means we are not getting the LSD.

A friend just bought a GTI with performance package including electronic LSD. He mentioned that the LSD eliminated torque steer.

Did we make a mistake? Is torque steer a problem on the GLA45 without LSD? Should we adjust our order?

Thanks in advance for any comments ... Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Advantages of LSD

In Canada LSD is not an option. I have taken my 2016 GLA45 to the track and there is very little if any torque steer effect.

If the car was front wheel drive only then it might be an issue.

Our GLA45's are variable split all wheel drive. In spirited driving the rear differential will supply up to 50 % power to the rear wheels.

I have yet found a situation while driving that makes me wish I had the LSD option.

It might help in autocross where you have very fast left/right transitions at low speed with high rpms.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's good to hear the torque steer is not an issue. I will sleep better tonight :)

If I'm going to autocross or track, I'll take my car. The GLA will see some spirited driving, but not in competitive environments.

·
Registered
880 Posts
So im not saying i've made a mistake and i'm still researching on this topic but you might want to look into the whole "race" mode thing in dynamic select.

What i learned after getting the car was this
1) exhaust only crackle and pops when the engine is in "sport+"
2) the exhaust button only make the exhaust louder under load, popping and banging is related to engine setting not exhaust.

So now im wondering what the "race" engine setting will do ???

Only some one with a 2016 CLA/GLA45 with the dynamic plus package can answer this question and i cant seem to get an answer

Dont mean to make it difficult for you, just making sure you get what you wanted out of the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. You're not making anything difficult. I'm to blame for that! In the scheme of things (Adaptive Suspension is already committed to for $850 of the package) what's an extra $2K at the bottom line? Wait ... that's an extra $2K!!!

At the end of the day, I'd probably kick myself for not adding it because I wouldn't know what I missed ...

·
Registered
880 Posts
True, but 2000 could also mean a new

1) DSLR camera
2) Rebellion Tune
3) wheels?

the list goes on.... i really dislike how MB nickle and dime this car.

Im totally satisfied with my car in its current configuration and like you also have a B car for tracks/wkends

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with you 100%. I've got my 997.2 C4S for the heavy lifting (or the F250 for the truly heavy lifting). I need to keep reminding myself that this one is for Pam!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sport, Sport + and Race Mode

I have a 2016 GLA45

Sport mode will adjust the rpm shift points and hold gears longer.

Sport + will be more aggressive on the shifting as well as stiffen the suspension and the steering. (if you have the electronic damping option) It will also open the exhaust valve (if you have the option)

In Sport and Sport + the Stability and Traction control are fully ON.

In Race mode it is the same as Sport + but will also reduce the Stability and Traction control to allow the car to drift somewhat. ( do not use on the street unless you are very experienced. Curbing wheels would suck)

Richard

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great information. Porsche reduces stability management a little bit with Sport and a bit more with Sport + and has an independent button to turn it off completely. Sounds life the GLA is different. I missed that subtlety when I read the manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts