Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turbo lag was really annoying me, especially after coasting, or braking as you enter a curve ... then as you step on gas the GLA does not respond and the DCT downshifts and upshifts erratically ... then the dreaded "clunking".

The OEM diverter valve (DV) is controlled by an electric actuator from ECU, and it is either ON (spooling) or OFF (dump). Mercedes' DV is of piston type, akin to VW/Audi version d DV. The aftermarket product is made by GFB DV+ of Australia, a very reputable aftermarket supplier of high quality turbo components. Part 9358 for A class which is compatible with M270 series engines on CLA/GLA.

So what does this gizmo do? During braking or when you take accelerator off, the DV shuts OFF and dumps the boosted gas back to intake manifold, but its pneumatic plunger does this partially, or it modulates so that partial boost is maintained, thus when you step on the accelerator the engine responds instantaneously without any perceptible lag.

Now I got a wonderful smooth transition on Eco mode, whenever I transition from Gliding Mode to full acceleration. During start from full stop, the DCT holds the first gear MUCH LONGER, it no longer hunts for 2 or 3 gears. Strangely, the engine roar is less.

For installation: go search on YouTube for GFB DV+ GLA

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
The turbo lag was really annoying me, especially after coasting, or braking as you enter a curve ... then as you step on gas the GLA does not respond and the DCT downshifts and upshifts erratically ... then the dreaded "clunking".

The OEM diverter valve (DV) is controlled by an electric actuator from ECU, and it is either ON (spooling) or OFF (dump). Mercedes' DV is of piston type, akin to VW/Audi version d DV. The aftermarket product is made by GFB DV+ of Australia, a very reputable aftermarket supplier of high quality turbo components. Part 9358 for A class which is compatible with M270 series engines on CLA/GLA.

So what does this gizmo do? During braking or when you take accelerator off, the DV shuts OFF and dumps the boosted gas back to intake manifold, but its pneumatic plunger does this partially, or it modulates so that partial boost is maintained, thus when you step on the accelerator the engine responds instantaneously without any perceptible lag.

Now I got a wonderful smooth transition on Eco mode, whenever I transition from Gliding Mode to full acceleration. During start from full stop, the DCT holds the first gear MUCH LONGER, it no longer hunts for 2 or 3 gears. Strangely, the engine roar is less.

For installation: go search on YouTube for GFB DV+ GLA
Ok< I bought one. Hope you're still happy with it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Medtech, your 45 is pre-facelift though? Is this product compatible with your car?

Do you guys worry about excessive wear of the engine and drivetrain based on the creation of additional power at lower RPM?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts