Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a set of driving lights to their GLA or GLA45??
Mercedes Benz in Australia have indicated that this could void or cancel the warranty on all the electrics/electronics in the car even, if the dealer was to undertake the work. Given the complexity of the controls and computer inter-phase etc. this would appear to be an undesirable outcome; or are they just towing the corporate/legal line.
I have a set of small PIAA led lights which come with a complete wiring harness (relays & switches etc.) that I would like to use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If MB can find a way to get out of the warranty in the event of an accident, they will. It is definitely something you should look into and consider carefully before making any moves.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
You can easily wire in fog lights or other accessory lights with zero issues.

You can tap into ANY spot you want for power, the cigarette lighter, the power to the rearview mirrors, you can solder into the existing foglight wiring, overhead lighting, you can draw power from any of these sources.

You can even connect directly to the battery. Mercedes isn't going to void warranty over some separately wired foglights.

You can also use an inline fuse if you are afraid of any issues.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can easily wire in fog lights or other accessory lights with zero issues.

You can tap into ANY spot you want for power, the cigarette lighter, the power to the rearview mirrors, you can solder into the existing foglight wiring, overhead lighting, you can draw power from any of these sources.

You can even connect directly to the battery. Mercedes isn't going to void warranty over some separately wired foglights.

You can also use an inline fuse if you are afraid of any issues.
they will if there are any electical issues what so ever.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
they will if there are any electical issues what so ever.
Incorrect. I will explain... I went to my dealer friday to order a part for an upcoming project, and I asked him about a set of slim foglights I was considering for my GLA.

"Can Benz void my warranty for a foglight install?"

"No, are you familiar with Magnuson Moss Warranty Act?"

"Yes"

"Yeah, we aren't going to be able to prove your windows won't roll down because you wired a light into your cigarette lighter accessory wire, we can't interfere with OWNERSHIP of your vehicle that way, it's still YOUR car."

Maybe your service techs in your area are not as kind Parker.... I'm not sure, but as far as being covered, Magnuson-Moss act applies. And I'd say just don't wire directly into your headlight harness or something. Use an auxiliary or cigarette, etc. And consider a professional install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts