Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to angle the driver's side mirror as widely as I'd like. In fact, with the mirror to it's maximum leftmost position I can still see the side of the car while seated normally, although just barely. The method I've used for 20 years to adjust the driver's mirror is to lean my head against the driver's window, then adjust the mirror so I can just barely see the side of the car. Then from a normal driving position, the side of the car is not seen, but the blind spot is minimized, and in most cases completely eliminated. As it is now, as cars exit the view from the rearview mirror there is quite a gap before they appear in the driver's side mirror.

Is anyone else noticing this, or is this something I should take in for adjustment?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Visibility is not the GLA's strong suit.

I don't have cameras to back my GLA up, so I use the mirrors, and they won't even fold INWARD and 'down' far-enough to see the painted lines or the curb when reverse parking.

I highly recommend adding a convex stick-on mini-mirrors to your stock mirrors to minimize blind spot and see more of the vehicle and the road.

Amazon.com: 2" Blind Spot Mirror Oval Convex Stick-On Rear View and REAL Glass Mirrors-GUARANTEED - ALUMINUM Housing not plastic, Rust Resistant, for Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, Car, SUV - WIDE ANGLE No More Blindspots: Automotive

Reactions: ZomZom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this thread over on the CLA forum discussing the same thing. Looks like my mirror is working as intended, if not necessarily as desired.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is the same on my GLA 45 and it was the same on my previous C63's. MB drivers side mirror doesn't go out far enough.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my evening commute I played around a bit and can confirm what was said in the CLA thread regarding seating position being a factor. Taller drivers and others who prefer positioning the seat farther back will be more affected by this issue. Also, raising the position of the mirror helps slightly.

My current settings create a nice overlap between the mirrors and the Blind Spot Assist, with the warning indicator appearing just before cars enter the blind spot. I'm very glad I purchased this option.

·
Registered
817 Posts
On my evening commute I played around a bit and can confirm what was said in the CLA thread regarding seating position being a factor. Taller drivers and others who prefer positioning the seat farther back will be more affected by this issue. Also, raising the position of the mirror helps slightly.

My current settings create a nice overlap between the mirrors and the Blind Spot Assist, with the warning indicator appearing just before cars enter the blind spot. I'm very glad I purchased this option.
ZomZom…there has been some chatter about the Blinds Spot Assist going off without cause. Are you finding this to be the case?
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not seen that happen but with less than 150 miles on the car I will certainly keep an eye out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts