Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Drive Kit Plus for iPhone is installed in the GLA45 AMG?

My car has an iPhone cable in the storage area under the middle arm rest. When I go to System on the command display there is the "carousel" menu with MB Apps, Internet Radio, etc.

Is that the Drive Kit Plus? If so, do you just plug your iPhone in and it works? I was fooling around with it at lunch and when I clicked on things it said something like "looking for network connection" and then after a while it said network not available.

I don't plug my iPhone in because I just stream music using BT.

·
Registered
180 Posts
No that's not Drive Kit Plus for iPhone. That's an extra option. You must have the Premium or Multimedia packages, which gives you the ability to play music on your iPhone through the cable in the center console.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's not Drive Kit Plus for iPhone. That's an extra option. You must have the Premium or Multimedia packages, which gives you the ability to play music on your iPhone through the cable in the center console.
Okaaaaaay...then what exactly is the "Drive Plus Kit"?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New knowledge...

I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my plates. I had a chat with service about the Drive Kit Plus and also my salesman.

The service guy said that the data was confusing, in one place it said that the kit could not be installed on a GLA 45 AMG and yet in the requirements section it said it could. It would be $1,200 to do it.

Then I talked to the guy who sold me the car and he said that it would be a mistake to do it as no one has been happy with it.

Now I see that the new A 45 is coming with Apple Car Play. All the parts are there (in my car) to support car play, including the iPhone plug in the center console.

So, I plan to just wait and see if MB offers a upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts