Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My 2019 GLA45 is only three years old and I noticed the drivers door weather stripping is split in a couple of places and looking pretty shabby already. Does anyone know would this be replaced under warranty or considered a wear and tear item, no guessing please. Lastly it’s seems pretty easy DIY replacement except not sure how to remove at the door jam

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hello everyone. My 2019 GLA45 is only three years old and I noticed the drivers door weather stripping is split in a couple of places and looking pretty shabby already. Does anyone know would this be replaced under warranty or considered a wear and tear item, no guessing please. Lastly it’s seems pretty easy DIY replacement except not sure how to remove at the door jam
Pics or it never happened ;)

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Why not check by the dealer and let them see it and answer the question. On my other car, a 2019 SLC, the driver's seat the surface was peeling off in an area. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the seat covering at no charge under warranty.

Reactions: Huey52

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Although many items are "wear & tear" many others are not. I would think premature splits/tears in the door weather stripping would be under-warranty, but then an unreasonable SA might declare wear & tear.

As gbarringer cites a dealership visit will fairly quickly resolve the warranty question. If they won't accommodate under warranty you can always visit another dealership for a "2nd opinion." Most dealerships appreciate warranty work as direct corporate payment, but some do not.
Why not check by the dealer and let them see it and answer the question. On my other car, a 2019 SLC, the driver's seat the surface was peeling off in an area. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the seat covering at no charge under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts