Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to the dealer because I did not see any indication of an open door, open hood or hatch only when I open the driver door that the car goes in park.
The next day the explanation was the following. You will get a warning message on the dashboard only when the car start to go in motion after 5 or 6 mile per hour.
I don't think that this safe at all, because at that point you had already or drop a child or wrecked a door or hatch. This is standard in all new Mercedes, they lent me an E350 and it was the same situation. I don't know if this is something that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration should be aware off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
After reading your post I check my 45AMG. If I leave the door open slightly and then move the shift paddle from P to D a red warning lights up in the middle of instrument cluster, says some like car is not in park and danger of vehicle rolling and it puts on the parking brake (well actually it does not release the parking brake), then if I ignore the warning and try to push the gas peddle to move the car the warning changes to say that I need to manually remove the parking brake to move the car. Basically the car will not move. So yes, if someone is dumb enough to manually remove the parking brake and then drive the car with the door open, so be it. In my opinion I think it's pretty safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That only happen with the driver door. No warning light or sound with any of the other doors or hatch open as I stated on the original post until the car is already in motion. Try that and let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts