Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLA 4matic
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gotten these storage things for the door handle armrests a while ago. I found them on ebay for all four doors (seems like you can only find them for the front nowadays) and they fit great. It's an easy place to toss something small and they keep the door handles clean. But, it bugged me for months and months that I had blocked that awesome amber ambient light that used to glow from the handles.

So, I measured where the ambient light source was, took the things to the drill press, and drilled holes. After sanding down some burrs and rough edges from my hasty drilling, they were comfortable to grab. Great! The light shined through now...BUT it reflected garishly on the backside of the bin. I hated it. It also highlighted for me how less-than-perfect my holes lined up. Ugh.

Recently, I was finishing up another project and had some adhesive-backed felt leftover. So, I put it on the annoyingly shiny surface where the light had been reflecting.

Now, I have photos to share because I am finally pleased with the result. Another "detail only Christine will notice" but it's all about the details, right?

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting
Footwear Shoe Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Automotive design

1 - 2 of 2 Posts