Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Maybe I am old fashioned but the idea of no spare makes me uncomfortable, especially when planning a long trip.
Has anybody bought a donut for the GLA?
I wouldn't mind carrying one at least when I will be out if town, around the city not having one may not be a big deal.
Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Seems like a smart move to make. The day a tire pops you'll be glad you have a spare one around. I think that cars aren't including them anymore because tires are tougher and the spares add weight.

·
Registered
272 Posts
no spare because there's a wealth of roadside assistance programs out their and tire patch kits along with mini air compressors you can get.
The tire patch kit makes sense but I don't know how to do that while I do know how to replace a tire. Road assistance is good but if you are in a more rural area it isn't quite so helpful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
no spare because there's a wealth of roadside assistance programs out their and tire patch kits along with mini air compressors you can get.

I've got run flats but carry a small compressor and flat kit. I've never had a flat that I couldn't inflate and run for several hours. If I were to have a catastrophic failure, I'll call AAA.

I can't fit a spare because my sub-woofer is in that well.

I know it's a little uncomfortable without a spare, but I just traded up from A MINI with run flats and wasn't worried.

Breathe people! :)

Reactions: Boris_Balkan
1 - 10 of 10 Posts