Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was takinng bike out of my 2015 gla and accidentally rubbed against the speaker covers near the rear roof area from inside. The speaker itself is functioning perfectly but i am worried if the warranty is going to cover the expense to replace the cover

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to our GLA forum, sooding. You didn't describe how much damage was done to your speaker cover, but apparently enough to make it a concern to you, it needs replacement. It's most likely not covered by warranty as you describe it, but depending on how long you've had your GLA or been a customer at your dealership, as well as the munificence of your dealer (no two are alike), they might do it as a courtesy. Warranty is normally for factory installed-equipped failures, not owner-operator wear and tear.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's considered a wear and tear. It will be hard to prove otherwise, unless you took delivery of a cracked cover. If you have a good relationship with the dealer, then they might help you out with a freebie and only charge you installation. Look for a junker and see if you can find a cheap used replacement.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My gosh, that should scare anyone away from buying a used GLA. Very disturbing when they are referred to as "salvage cars." Reminds me of the many New Orleans salvage cars that were restored and sold after Hurricane Katrina.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My gosh, that should scare anyone away from buying a used GLA. Very disturbing when they are referred to as "salvage cars." Reminds me of the many New Orleans salvage cars that were restored and sold after Hurricane Katrina.
I know. junkers will buy them to part them out. They will sell them off piece by piece to make a profit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts