Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
The easy soft launch control is via pressing the brake pedal and then flooring the gas followed by a quick release of the brake.

The hard core method requires a fully warmed up motor coupled with Sport+ or Race Mode engaged. There are a lot of ways that this won't work!!! Details should be in your Owner's Manual.

You can also use the search function for launch control. From a quick search ...

"Race mode" is an engine mapping, an option that you can buy.

"Race start" is launch control, present on all 45 AMGs,
1) warm up all the temps (look at amg screen for engine, trans,coolant temps) make sure they are white not blue.
2) steering wheel straight,
3) engine setting on S,S+,R
4) push very hard on brakes
5) pull both shift paddles
6) say yes on menu by pulling right or "+"
7) put your foot down very hard and firmly on the gas (engine revs)
8) let go of brakes and hold on

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
I'm not sure. The 35 is an AMG so I would think you'd have launch control. You're dealer should know for sure.

On a different note ... Admin responded today regarding setting up categories for the new models.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No Race Mode for sure in the 35’s and I’m pretty sure no Race Start either. I think this is the difference between ‘AMG-enhanced’ and ‘AMG-handcrafted’ bc 43’s don’t have them either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like from the AMG GLA owners manual (Page 19) that the GLA 35 AMG have race start. The only difference between the 35 and 45 is that in the 45 you could vary the engine speed.

Also the book says that other than the normal requirements that Wayne already post, the vehicle temperatures can be blue on the screen and the car will need to be out of breakin, need more than the 1000 miles breakin per manufacturer.

Will let you know as I am curently on 346 miles of the breakin, jeje

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Does the 2021 GLA 35 AMG have Launch Control?

If yes, how it is invoked?
This worked for the charmed sisters,
Winds of time, gather 'round.Give me wings to speed my way.Rush me on my journey forward,Let tomorrow be today.

Mines a 2019, Its bashful, and can only go when no one is watching

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is race start for the GLA35 - check out the straight pipes review where they start the review video with a Race Start

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t think the Gla35 is a true AMG in the sense it’s not a hand built engine by a single mechanic. Could be wrong but I believe I read that on the Mercedes website
Nobody was even contesting that it was a "true AMG" and I don't think anyone ever mentioned that anywhere in this thread. The GLA35 is still marketed as a Mercedes-AMG product, so that is why it is still labelled an AMG... Although, entirely true that it is not "true AMG" as it does not have a hand built engine by an Affalterbach engineer but it is "AMG Enhanced" with AMG specific goodies such as a new turbo and engineered layout. The question of this thread was, does it have launch control, which I have answered as yes - it is "Race Start".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nobody was even contesting that it was a "true AMG" and I don't think anyone ever mentioned that anywhere in this thread. The GLA35 is still marketed as a Mercedes-AMG product, so that is why it is still labelled an AMG... Although, entirely true that it is not "true AMG" as it does not have a hand built engine by an Affalterbach engineer but it is "AMG Enhanced" with AMG specific goodies such as a new turbo and engineered layout. The question of this thread was, does it have launch control, which I have answered as yes - it is "Race Start".
your absolutely right I have no idea what my train of thought was here. In my defence I had a rather strong Moscow Mule

1 - 12 of 12 Posts