Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 gla with comand. The phone pairs fine but I never see an authorisation prompt for the app.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about the companion app, not Mercedes me. Provides tyre pressure, fuel consumption, address transfer to comand, etc

Mercedes me is working fine but I can't see paying a fee to maintain it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks foxbat.

If anybody else does have it working on a GLA I'd like to know - is listed as a supported model but Google doesn't reveal any recent comments one way or another

I'll try calling Mercedes at some point too I guess

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Might be slightly off topic but I'm trying to register on the Mercedes Me Portal and the error message I get is "Gary" is not a valid firstname

https://me.secure.mercedes-benz.com/wps/myportal/connectme

As Colonel Sherman T. Potter would say "Horse Hockey"
I rang MB Australia Customer Service and Mercedes Me is NOT available in Australia and that is the error message.

Also due to recalls on Steering Columns they are booked out until August !!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I rang MB Australia Customer Service and Mercedes Me is NOT available in Australia and that is the error message.

Also due to recalls on Steering Columns they are booked out until August !!

Hey Gary, it looks like you can only register on the International page. But no phone app. Did they ever open the Mercedes Me store in Melbourne?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
For Mercedes Me to work in your country, the car must be equipped with a specific cell radio from one of the carriers in your country that MB signed deal with. So, it is obvious that such feature will only work in countries that MB has made it work (require both the cell communication side and car hardware side to work together). For example, even though Mercedes Me is available in US for many years now, if was not offered in Canada until this year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be clear: the companion app is not Mercedes me. Both are in the us app store.

Reactions: firstdown80
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.