Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone lost control from the lane next to me and came into my lane last second so nothing I could have done. i came out pretty okay other than sore wrist. still amazed how strong this car was built. i don't think there is anyway they'll try to fix this right? if you look close in the 1st/interior picture, the front frame is pushed back pretty far. i'll most likely get another gla45 after extensive research but we'll see. 3 month and gone :(

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
I'd say you walking away from the accident with only a sore wrist is a testament to fine German engineering, but we've come to learn the GLA is a collaboration of multi-national design bureaus, so to speak. Nonetheless, sincere condolences on the incident, best wishes for an equitable adjustment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with Turbolink. Glad you're ok. I would hope they total it for your sake. Looks like lots of frame damage that would cause a myriad of non stop issues in the years to come.

·
Super Moderator
1,407 Posts
BTW, small consolation, but it's nice to see the "golden hills" of California looking so green.

·
Super Moderator
1,381 Posts
Looks like Highway 4. Tough driving in the East Bay. Glad the car kept your injuries to a minimum. If the insurance company doesn't total it make sure you file for a diminished value compensation ... The incident will show u on CarFax and could affect resale value.

Good luck. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am pretty sure it will be totaled especially with an airbag deployment. The airbags did the job of keeping you safe and that is all that counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah 3 airbags. If the car were older i would have been more confident that it'll be totaled but it's only 3 months old. it also makes me wonder if i'll get close to what i paid for since it's so new if it's considered totaled. i was on 680 around fremont.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Glad that you walked away with only a sore wrist.

Wishing you all the best in your settlement!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've been researching and debating what to get next and it always comes back to gla45 so i don't think i'm going anywhere. eyeing either the white one in fletcher or black one in san jose but still waiting to hear back from the insurance company. hope it doesn't get dragged out...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ouch. That really sucks. Whenever cars get in wrecks the first 18 months off the dealer's lot it can get kinda ugly. Let us know how this shakes out. I'm glad you are okay! Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well...

I had a 2015 (not a 45...just the styling and brakes) with similar damage, hit in the driver's door with 2 airbag deployment and it was totalled (over $24K to repair)...but not a scratch on me. That caused me to get another GLA, a 2018 loaner. Glad you're fine. It's a great, safe car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finally back to normal. now i just need to hit 1000 miles so i can start driving "normal" again. i'm lucky everything worked out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,381 Posts
Did I miss something? Normal a repaired? Or normal as in bought another and need to spend 1000 miles breaking it in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bought another one so need 1000 miles to break it in. the car was considered totaled and got close to what i paid for. it worked out at the end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Beautiful 45 replacement...great choice.

Like losing a great-looking supermodel wife, and 1 month later a just-as-beautiful new supermodel shows up at your door... Keep this one polished, upright, and between the lines (the 45...)

NO DOUBT that a multitude of your totaled 45 assemblies, bits & parts will be reincarnated and transplanted into other (more slightly) damaged GLAs in future years. It will continue giving - and no doubt be worth much more $$$$ from its parts than its whole when new...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts