Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and GLA as well. I am in the market for GLA and was wondering if there was a refresh for 2017. I see some content online which suggests one was expected but I don't seem to find any information on the difference between 2016 and 2017.

If there are any pointers on this, it would be of great help. A dealer nearby has a 2016 and it seems to have a nice discount on it too. So I'm curious to know the differences before I jump in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was in the same boat as well. I almost waited for the 2017, but after doing some research, it didn't seem like there were any changes at all. If you take a look at the online owners manual, the 17 is identical to the 16.

http://www.glaowners.com/forum/mercedes-benz-gla-general-discussion/17201-2017-owners-manual.html

I was able to save a lot of money on the 2016 GLA45, and I don't regret it a bit. I'm thinking changes may either come on the 2018 or 2019, but we can never be certain this far in advance.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum baharabs! Most of the forum chatter points toward a significant GLA refresh in 2018, but that's unlikely to get confirmed anywhere. I waited for the 2016s even though I decided I wanted a GLA in Oct 2014 and was glad I did...but now the 2017 models make me envious. If you like the GLA, just jump in, especially if you're offered a nice discount.

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
We pick up Pam's 45 in Stuttgart on the 31st. I'll report my findings then.

I've found it easier to get information on the 2018 than the 2017, but I don't trust any of it.

The 2017 should have Android Auto and a thinner screen. If it follows the March New York Auto Show Press Reports for the 2017 CLA it will have LED headlights, anti-dazzle taillights, and foot sensed rear door opening. I'm not counting on any of that, but would be happy to see any of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for sharing all the information. Have the 2017s arrived at the dealer lots yet? I was at a local dealer yesterday and they didn't have any on their lot. The lady told me they are at the shipping dock.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When I told the dealer I might wait, they said maybe not until Oct/Nov here in the Bay Area, but that could have been to help move that 2016 model. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
GLA415's information aligns with what I was told. To further support this (if it is true) the dealer told me they control distribution to allow the first European Delivery cars to arrive at the same time the new deliveries arrive. That would by October or November. Of course, this may vary from country to country.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's the latest 2017 DOG. Cheers!

Attachments

Reactions: turbolink
1 - 9 of 9 Posts