Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy shots of the GLA 45 AMG have been making their rounds on autoblogs, but now we actually have some information on the vehicle.

The GLA 45 AMG will have more aggressive front and rear bumpers, and discreet spoiler above the rear window, and will have its ride height lowered (guess its not meant for off-roading anymore.) On top of that, the GLA 45 AMG will also have a different grille, large alloy wheels, and "Turbo AMG" emblems on both fenders.

On the interior there will be sports seats with red seat belts, some carbon fiber dash trim, and a three-spoke multi-function steering wheel and timer incorporated into the instrument cluster.

It will run on a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that can produce up to 360 horse power and up to 332 lb-ft of torque. Its 0-60 mph time comes in around 4.2 seconds, and the top speed will be electronically limited to 155 mph.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well that does sound like a more fun version of the GLA. Cosmetic differences should make it look more sporty and aggressive. I am a little surprised that it will be lowered since it is already close to the ground and it is kinda meant to off-road a bit, which is difficult if you are riding low.

No word on the price difference though. How much will the AMG version cost you?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly I want to know what the price bump is for the AMG version. I would consider it if it didn't set me back too much.

Anybody got an idea of the mark up?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup, $50k for a fully loaded AMG Mercedes.

the next step will be seeing the cost of ownership over 6 months to a year vs other Mercedes vehicles.
Does that mean you can get an AMG that isn't fully-loaded for less?

Is that a thing people do? Get the AMG version without fully loading it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
that is usually the case but carbonfiber is right even by themselves usually the AMGs are nice but to get more personal some might pick and choose their options depending on their needs.

·
Registered
694 Posts
one thing is for sure is that they all sound amazing.

I see a few G63 AMGs sometimes. Monsters.
i wouldn't say amazing, they sound good enough, one thing I find with Mercedes is that they're not really known for sounding good, especially the AMG models, still good enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
AMG always have a unique tone to them even for a four cylinder right from the box they are good and if a aftermarket exhaust is added even better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i wouldn't say amazing, they sound good enough, one thing I find with Mercedes is that they're not really known for sounding good, especially the AMG models, still good enough.
Eh, what? AMG's are widely considered some of the best sounding cars on the road. Even BMW and Audi fans admit the AMG's sound great. Heck watch British Top Gear. Hammond and May (especially Hammond) aren't particularly AMG fans, but they all agree they sound fantastic.

·
Registered
270 Posts
really? I think the AMG models sound monstrous. And with aftermarket exhausts sound even more insane.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh man that is a monstrous alright. The C63AMG is ballsy and have all the guts to back it up. when you hear it then see the amg badge it stick to the back of your brain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yup, $50k for a fully loaded AMG Mercedes.

the next step will be seeing the cost of ownership over 6 months to a year vs other Mercedes vehicles.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $50K will be the BASE price for the GLA 45. Fully optioned up it will be likely around $68K-$70K.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts