Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice ride, but my forum lingo is a bit weak… what does '22ple today by raja' mean?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raja is a well known detailer here in DMV area among the bmw community. He was the one who applied the 22ple on my GLA

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ahhh…now I understand. Looked up the 22ple and looks to be quite the product line.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice ride, but my forum lingo is a bit weak… what does '22ple today by raja' mean?
And what does "DMV" mean? I assume NOT Department of Motor Vehicles... :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
22ple is a sealant/protectant, similar to Opticoat. I wasn't aware it had such a long cure time?
The initial curing time is 4hrs, but it would take 5 to 7 days to fully cure. From what I read and research, the gloss and shine improves once fully cure.

And what does "DMV" mean? I assume NOT Department of Motor Vehicles... :D
Lol no, its DC/Maryland/Virginia area

·
Registered
63 Posts
Opti Coat question

22ple is a sealant/protectant, similar to Opticoat. I wasn't aware it had such a long cure time?
any experience with Opti Coat? we have a detailer in town that offers this service. How does it compare to XPel film? certainly cheaper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
any experience with Opti Coat? we have a detailer in town that offers this service. How does it compare to XPel film? certainly cheaper.
Opticoat and 22ple are both considered sealant waxes, where as XPel film is literally a film that comes in sheets and is applied like clear bra/vinyl wrap.

I'm over-simplifying by an incredible amount here, but Opticoat/22ple make your car look like its freshly waxed all the time (if you take care of it). XPel is a physical barrier over your paint that provides protection against rock chips and scratches.

I had a 3m variant of protectant film applied by the previous owner on my black 1-series and I didn't like the obvious line it left across the hood. Wound up removing it after about a year but it did a good job of protecting the paint. I have no personal experience with 22ple or Opticoat but a lot of the local BMW club guys swear by it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Two, I am strongly considering going with the OptiCoat. Would love to hear other opinions.

Opticoat and 22ple are both considered sealant waxes, where as XPel film is literally a film that comes in sheets and is applied like clear bra/vinyl wrap.

I'm over-simplifying by an incredible amount here, but Opticoat/22ple make your car look like its freshly waxed all the time (if you take care of it). XPel is a physical barrier over your paint that provides protection against rock chips and scratches.

I had a 3m variant of protectant film applied by the previous owner on my black 1-series and I didn't like the obvious line it left across the hood. Wound up removing it after about a year but it did a good job of protecting the paint. I have no personal experience with 22ple or Opticoat but a lot of the local BMW club guys swear by it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sharing a pic of my GLA after getting detailed and 22ple today by raja. Can't wait till it fully cure in 1 week :)
Ohhh man! Actually looks sweet in red! What packages did you get with your GLA? and what do you mean by waiting one week until it cures??

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sharing a pic of my GLA after getting detailed and 22ple today by raja. Can't wait till it fully cure in 1 week
Ohhh man! Actually looks sweet in red! What packages did you get with your GLA? and what do you mean by waiting one week until it cures??

Thanks
Yes it is. I was contemplating on red or white, but decided to go with red since its my favorite color lol.

I have sports package, multimedia and premium package.

22ple takes 1 week to fully cure or complete its drying process. I actually drove it thru the rain yesterday to take it home from the detailer, but it was ok since the initial curing or drying is only 4 hrs. the true gloss and shine will come out in a week once the 22ple completely binded on the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've always used griots garage products for 15 years now. Curious to look into 22ple and opticoat to see the difference. I've tried other products recommend before on message boards and they never seem to work as well. I Am intrigued by the 22ple and opticoat

Reactions: gurneyeagle

·
Registered
816 Posts
For years I have been using a product called RejeX (paint sealant) and it too is pretty amazing stuff. Key of course is to start with a super clean surface (I would clay bar) and allow for cure time. Won many of a concours

Here is my C6 Lemans Blue Corvette>>>

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes it is. I was contemplating on red or white, but decided to go with red since its my favorite color lol.

I have sports package, multimedia and premium package.

22ple takes 1 week to fully cure or complete its drying process. I actually drove it thru the rain yesterday to take it home from the detailer, but it was ok since the initial curing or drying is only 4 hrs. the true gloss and shine will come out in a week once the 22ple completely binded on the car.
Nice package selections! On point. :)

How long will the 22ple application last before you will have to apply it again?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Outstanding! Makes me more excited about picking up mine next week. Getting the red with premium and multimedia package, no sport package, and beige interior. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How much does it cost to 22ple the car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much does it cost to 22ple the car?
My detailer charged me 510 for all exterior coverage including the sunroof, wheels, windshield and windows
Outstanding! Makes me more excited about picking up mine next week. Getting the red with premium and multimedia package, no sport package, and beige interior. Thanks for sharing!
You will never be disappointed brother :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts