Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend bought a 2016 GLA 250 a few weeks ago. She doesn't even have 700 miles on it yet.

So as she was driving all the lights on the dash came on so she pulled over but couldn't turn the car off. After putting it in Park she couldn't get it in any other gear either. At this point she call a tow truck and by the time he got there he was able to turn it off.
They laughed at her at the dealership when she told them what was wrong (after turning off the car everything was normal when it came back on) but she was pretty incessant on them looking at it. Grudgingly they said they would. After 3 days they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and to come and pick it up.
So she did. Not even 2hours after she got it back it did the same thing again. Now its back at the dealership and they think she is crazy.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is where your mobile phone camera comes in handy, take a picture to show them. If I'm not mistaken the car computer keeps a log of errors, ask the dealer to check the log.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So my friend bought a 2016 GLA 250 a few weeks ago. She doesn't even have 700 miles on it yet.

So as she was driving all the lights on the dash came on so she pulled over but couldn't turn the car off. After putting it in Park she couldn't get it in any other gear either. At this point she call a tow truck and by the time he got there he was able to turn it off.
They laughed at her at the dealership when she told them what was wrong (after turning off the car everything was normal when it came back on) but she was pretty incessant on them looking at it. Grudgingly they said they would. After 3 days they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and to come and pick it up.
So she did. Not even 2hours after she got it back it did the same thing again. Now its back at the dealership and they think she is crazy.
Any thoughts?

It's annoying to say the least, we've all experienced a problem with our car that can't be duplicated when its at the dealer. Your friend needs to be prescient and hard nosed if they just laugh her off.

This is a shot in the dark, but I had a GM vehicle that had very similar symptoms. Driving one day and all the dash lights came on and started shifting erratically. Turned it off then back on, problem went away, but only for a short while. Was able to get it to the dealer and they found that several of the fuses in the main fuse panel were loose thus making for poor and sporadic contact. Everything was snugged down and the problem never returned.

Good Luck

·
Registered
608 Posts
Had a similar problem with a BMW a few years ago. Turned out to be, of all things, a computer module in the tire pressure monitoring system. Great advice about the cell phone-get a video of it.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the car computer keeps a log of errors, ask the dealer to check the log.

Yes, GLA does keep track of errors that dealer can download. When my GLA experienced it's empty fuel gauge reading phantom, the dealer confirmed there was a record of the error. Not that they could do anything about it, but it hasn't re-appeared in 18 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts