Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not by default. Thank the gov regs for that. Look at it as cockpit start procedure:

1 - Push brake
2 - Push Start
3 - Push Start/Stop off
4 - Disengage e-brake

Go!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I understood what you meant. Can't be done by the driver accessing the available driver interface. But there may be a hidden way of doing it... A MB factory trained mechanic will know if there is a way.
I'm pretty sure there has been extensive chat about this subject and the conclusion was, no, it can't be turned off permenantly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I contacted Brabus for a few parts.

000-640-00 BRABUS Start-Stop Memory - $495.00

They were quick to respond and I should be getting my parts this week. I passed on the start/stop, hitting the button to turn it off ins't that hard ;-)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am not sure if the Individual, Sport, Sport+ settings are available in all versions of GLA. On my car, the eco mode remains turns off as long as I don't have it in C (comfort) mode.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am not sure if the Individual, Sport, Sport+ settings are available in all versions of GLA. On my car, the eco mode remains turns off as long as I don't have it in C (comfort) mode.
No Sport+ mode on 2016 US GLA 250s

·
Registered
608 Posts
The 2015 GLA250 has E, S, and M-Eco, Sport or Manual. Eco is the default whenever you start the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
On 2016 GLA 250s, C (comfort) is the default mode when you start the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I must be the only person here who doesn't mind it. I have previously driven hybrids that did the same thing, so maybe I'm just used to it. With the hybrid your brain is trained to interpret it as a good thing because it means you're on batteries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2016 GLA45 AMG has a button to turn off and on the Eco when in default Comfort mode. It can be annoying because I drive a lot of stop and go around town so I just turn it off. (The Mercedes concierge informed me that after about half an hour of driving this way, the car "learns" this and does not continue to turn off and on for the duration of the driving trip.)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I must be the only person here who doesn't mind it. I have previously driven hybrids that did the same thing, so maybe I'm just used to it. With the hybrid your brain is trained to interpret it as a good thing because it means you're on batteries.
I don't mind it either. In fact, when I get to a stoplight now and the engine doesn't turn off, I briefly release the brake pedal, and when I step on it again, the engine usually stops.

Reactions: Ned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes you can disable it permanently. Just use the Individual drive mode and configure it to your taste, only setting the Eco thing OFF.
2016 GLA 250 with all options.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes you can disable it permanently. Just use the Individual drive mode and configure it to your taste, only setting the Eco thing OFF.
2016 GLA 250 with all options.
But when you start the car it still defaults to Comfort mode and you have to select the Individual mode again.
At least that is how it works on USA 2016 model GLA 250 models.

·
Registered
503 Posts
if you dont use seat belt aco will not kick in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts