Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GLA220d 4 Matic - H247. Has anyone any information fuse numbers etc. to install a permanent dash cam wiring with parking mode. I fitted one in my A200 using the fuse board under the passenger foot well and assume it will be similar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i used the one that the fuse tap is plugged into in the pic below for my dashcam - it is switched power. i had it connected to a constant but the parking mode on my particular cam killed the battery within a couple days. i decided i'd have to use a battery pack for the parking mode (but then again i prob have a cheapo dashcam, lol, so you might have a better one). hope this helps.

Circuit component Audio equipment Electronic engineering Electronic component Technology

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used the one that the fuse tap is plugged into in the pic below for my dashcam - it is switched power. i had it connected to a constant but the parking mode on my particular cam killed the battery within a couple days. i decided i'd have to use a battery pack for the parking mode (but then again i prob have a cheapo dashcam, lol, so you might have a better one). hope this helps.

View attachment 27339

View attachment 27339
thanks, where is that fuse box is it under the passenger footwell? Did you route the wire up the a pillar? It’s not a job I’m looking forward to at this time of year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks, where is that fuse box is it under the passenger footwell? Did you route the wire up the a pillar? It’s not a job I’m looking forward to at this time of year.
yup that's the pass side footwell fuse box and i did indeed route it from the headliner down the A pillar:

Mirror Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

mine had a rear cam and i had the headliner down anyway at the time (was fixing the pano roof) and so i ran a usb cable to the rear.

you probably could get away with tucking the wire under the A pillar w/o needing to remove it. i hear you on the cold thing tho, lol - i just finished some work on my fiat that was not the most enjoyable in the middle of december :oops::D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts