Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
895 Posts
What's up is apparently a part that made it through in-line inspection that shouldn't have. :(

Case in point: My ordered 2011 Audi A5 leaked water into the cabin the very first rainfall post-delivery. And this despite the "monsoon test" you see at the assembly line end in all manufacturer factory videos. Some inspector wasn't doing their job!

Vendor parts usually undergo a sampling inspection and therefore not 100% inspected. However Benz-produced engines are at least supposed to be 100% cold tested (with compressed air) so certainly a bad head is atypical. Possibly a bad head gasket which led to valve damage?

Anyway, good to read you got it replaced/resolved under warranty and should be ok from this point on. :)
Just had a cylinder head replacement at 20,800 miles on my 2021 GLA 250. Whats up with this.

Steve Thomas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve,
I’ve got you beat. Mine went in at 16,400 miles for a replacement. It’s the second one at this dealership. They gave me a loaner. Parts are in the states. Once everything arrives they say it will be a 2 week process. This is my first lease and I’m thrilled that I leased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine just went at 25,600 miles. They just had another one done a month ago so they had the part in stock on the shelf. Not confidence building but they gave me a E350 to drive for the week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this forum to echo this problem. Literally just returned from the dealer with a loaner and the cause is.... bad cylinder head. Car has 14k miles on it. Glad I leased, I'll never buy another german car. This was my first after many many hondas with zero issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts