Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm in the market of a new vehicle and the GLA is at the top of my list. But I thought I'd throw it out there to get all your thoughts on what other vehicles you considered and how the GLA won against each competitor.

Thanks,
Cory

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Compared to the GLA250?

Lexus NX - Looks like it was designed with Origami paper...

BMW X1 - weak interior, strange & confusing exterior-design, good engine, good handling

Audi Q3 - Looks like a lifted Beetle, good AWD capabilities, interior doesn't feel as upper-tier as the GLA, bigger aftermarket

Mini anything - Not even playing in the same ballpark as far as I'm concerned.

Hyundai Tucson limited - Better than the Lexus NX LOL

Volvo V60 Cross Country - Overpriced for what you get IMO (The V40 Cross Country is actually the closest competitor, but not available in the USA)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Compared to the GLA250?

BMW X1 - weak interior, strange & confusing exterior-design, good engine, good handling

Audi Q3 - Looks like a lifted Beetle, good AWD capabilities, interior doesn't feel as upper-tier as the GLA, bigger aftermarket

Volvo V60 Cross Country - Overpriced for what you get IMO (The V40 Cross Country is actually the closest competitor, but not available in the USA)
Boris' comments match my research almost exactly. One other plus on the Q3 is the premium audio package is INCREDIBLE for a factory system but that 2.0T motor in that heavy rig is sluggish.

Wife was really interested in the V60 until she saw the MSRP.

·
Registered
817 Posts
For us it came down to the Range Rover Evoque Coupe Pure Premium or the GLA. Originally were looking at the GLA250, but having owned AMG MB's in the past, the allure was too great thus what we have on order (GLA45). Either model (talking about US versions) is a very nice ride with a few options.

We liked the Range Rover Evoque Coupe and came close to ordering that vehicle…very close.

Reactions: Boris_Balkan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Compared to the GLA250?

Boris' comments match my research almost exactly. One other plus on the Q3 is the premium audio package is INCREDIBLE for a factory system but that 2.0T motor in that heavy rig is sluggish.

Wife was really interested in the V60 until she saw the MSRP.

No reason to read any further. Nailed it gentlemen!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hope we weren't to brash OP!!! lol

We're an HONEST and decisive bunch! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope :)
It's sad there aren't more alternatives. Not that I need another option but always nice to have a couple in the running. I suppose another option is the upcoming Infiniti which was designed with the GLA (QX30).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts