Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

In the market for a GLA, but was wondering...

Has anyone used "cost savings" sites such as Car Cost Canada, Car Help Canada, APA, or Unhaggle (especially those of you in the Toronto area)?

What are the savings like for Mercedes Benz (especially the GLA)? What's the experience like and would you recommend it?

My concern is that such cost savings sites are more for non-luxury brands such as Ford and Toyota.

Thank you!

·
Registered
182 Posts
One way to save a few bucks, 5% I think, is to use the European Delivery Program. You'll have to buy a ticket to Germany, and MB will pick up one of your hotel nights in Stuttgart, give you a ride from the train station out to the factory and buy you lunch. Shipping the car back here is included in the price, so as long as your EU vacation is less than 5% of the cost of your GLA, you're making out and getting a trip to EU in the process!
I know that's not really what you're asking about, but it's a good deal if you're buying a new GLA and want to go to Germany.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's my 2 cents worth, the vehicles all cost the dealer the same and the sites (no disrespect) are just getting the vehicles from a dealer. The best deals are always at the end of the month. Dealers get all kinds of special money incentives. Not sure where you are but for example I'm in Texas and the dealer has what are called tax rebates on a varying basis. I got a new GLA45amg about a couple of months ago, had been looking and told my salesman I was interested but to let me know when he had "a deal". I got over 10% off the sticker and did not have to pay state sales tax. The tax here on a car is 6.25% so do the math. I got a GLA45amg equipped with a little more than I wanted but at a terrific price so the extras really didn't cost me anything. I also did the deal on the last day of the month and got a lot thrown in. In the end it's about a relationship with the salesman and the dealership. They need to make money on the sale otherwise they can't stay in business and the customer wants a good deal, kind of a balance. I've bought a bunch of previous cars from them so they treat me well. In return I send them customers who have also been treated well. Remember, your car will need service and not only do you need a good deal on the "buy" but can they take care of you. Remember, dealers make money on financing and other extras that they try to sell you so it's not just the price of the car. If you want a trip to Germany and the factory that's great but I don't think that will end up saving you any money. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts