Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife was driving along today and the collision avoidance beep sounded and the car briefly braked. She said there were no cars around. Anybody else had this happen? I've had it beep before, but not actually apply the brakes. If it happens again the car will go to the dealer to have it checked out.

David

·
Registered
816 Posts
Make sure the front sensors are kept clean (being in the front and subject to dirt etc collecting on them, just wipe off particularly after driving in rain (or snow/slush etc). Of course having the dealer check out is good if you feel uncomfortable with system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beep Front End Collison

Hi, mine has been beeping several times in the past 2 weeks??? I hope this
does not become a problem. I did not see that the brakes came on??I hope this does not mean ,we need to go out everday, and clean off the sensors.These are new items and I hope they have really worked out all the kinks in these sensors, if not we could have alot of problems with them

·
Registered
179 Posts
The sensors are under the bumper covers. If you are in an area where they use salt in the winter, make sure the bummers are clean. In the winter you can pick up a nasty coating on the bumper that contributes to false alarms. You can read more about this on the CLA forums, mercedescla.org (the CLA's been out longer). I used to own one. Both the GLA and CLA are very much the same car underneath the body work.

There is a also an occasional problem where a sensor under the bumper gets loose. When that happens you get more false positives. Look up the posts by Tuxedo Cat on the same forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had it go off when stomping the gas pedal. Just a quick beep. The cars are usually way in front of me or going into a turning lane.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes GLA 250
2 Posts
I currently have an ongoing issue with this. I bought my 2015 gla two years ago in November 2018. Since then I have had my front collision sensors go off multiple times without anything near me. Thankfully the brakes do not apply themselves. I’ve taken my vehicle back to the dealership multiple times and they’ve changed every possible piece and even tried saying it might be my aftermarket license plate fran. I’ve taken the frame off and the issue still persists. As of now Mercedes USA has stated there is nothing that can be done. However I am scared I possibly could be in danger if I ever need the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The wife was driving along today and the collision avoidance beep sounded and the car briefly braked. She said there were no cars around. Anybody else had this happen? I've had it beep before, but not actually apply the brakes. If it happens again the car will go to the dealer to have it checked out.

David
[/QUOTE
Hi David , I have a new 2020 GLA new model,and have had this problem. It’s quite scary! It happens intermittently at 40 mph and Is linked to Lane Keep Assist I think or not?I get a message on the screen sometimes about LKA not active after it happens. However, it has happened without anything nearby or any white lines being present. The car has been back to the dealership several times to be checked out as I have had this happen 10 times. Keeping fingers crossed as it has not happened for a month .
Anita. 2020 GLA Prem. UK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts