Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else have the same noise as mine during the last weeks. When I turn the steering wheel and in various different positions I keep hearing clicking sound that sounds very much like the sound it does when turning on/off the turn signal. Anyone else has that? Maybe a visit to the dealer is imminent....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Does the clicking sound speed up and slow down as the GLA changes speed? Is in coming from one side and in front or can not determine?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have not experienced this issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not constant. Only when I turn the wheel after a point which seems to be different every time.And it does not have to do with speed as it is done also when the car is stationary. It sounds very very similar to the plasticky sound of the turn signal. Will have it checked tomorrow at the dealer.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ahhh…. it sounds like a steering column cover (steering wheel rubbing or intermitted touching to cover or turn signal controller issue or (and this term is odd) 'clock spring' noise. The clock spring is locate in steering column just prior to the steering wheel and allows the wiring (horn, air bag and other controls on steering wheel) to move freely within a rotating spring/disc mechanism when steering wheel is turned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI SSBGLA45

I have experienced a kind of spring knocking on my steering wheel always 3 times. Is this to do with the clock spring.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts