Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll have to wait 'til spring. Around here you wash the car and then a snow storm comes and its filthy again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to wait 'til spring. Around here you wash the car and then a snow storm comes and its filthy again.
I hear you, but after sitting at the dealer's for two weeks for the recall and body repair needed after they back into the RR door, I didn't have a choice.:laugh: Apparently after spending most of that time in their paint shop, I am assuming that is where it accumulated all of the paint dust on the paint, making it feel rough to the touch. Couldn't wait til Spring to correct this situation and wasn't going to let the dealer handle it.

Looking good, what polish did you use after.

Thanks, I use a combination of products as I have enough of all them for 3 lifetimes....:laugh: But for this I purchased the "Mothers" Clay Bar system which includes two clay bars, a micro fiber cloth and a container of detailer. It worked great and removed the "dust" with no problem. Paint become very smooth once again, then went over it with Black Edge (for Black & dark color paints) detailer, and it just enhances the shine. Very satisfied with these products. But then I am usually satisfied with most of the products I use, and have learned to lean towards the ones that save time, but yet are still very effective.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you have under the cover on the right side of your GLA?
:laugh: what cover????:laugh:

It is a '94 Corvette ZR-1, I am fortunate enough to own a few Corvettes, and this is one of them. I am a Corvette guy at heart, but also really enjoy my wife's GLA. I had always told her that the next car choice would be hers, but I always came home with another Corvette. This time I made good on my promise, as she has been great with me throughout the years with my car hobbies. Although she enjoys the Vettes, she just loves her GLA, and I am very happy for her. Will try to post a pic........:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts