Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the wife's GLA250 a couple of days ago. Love it so far. Leaving behind a 2011 Cadillac SRX due to crappy local service, uncountable recalls and a massive fuel dilution to the engine oil problem that GM refused to even talk about much less do something about. Hope I don't have similar situations with this car or organization(s).

Speaking of fuel dilution to the oil, after all the research I could do I haven't found any suggestions that the M270/274 engine suffers this condition. I hope that it turns out that it does not as opposed to discovering that MB owners never bother to have an oil analysis done to monitor their engine's "health." I will certainly be having analyses done at regular intervals and will report my findings.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have not heard of fuel to oil dilution issues with either US spec engines. It will be interesting to see what your analysis comes up with. Also, both the 250 engine and the AMG engine do "burn" (actually I think "consume" is a better term) a certain amount of oil so monitoring oil levels is important.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I haven't heard anything about a problem like that with the GLA. I think you should be in the clear. :D

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.

Post up some pictures of your GLA when you get the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts