Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GLA owners,
Im glad to see there is a great GLA community. I am a CLA owner and we have a petition going around in regards to the new mBrace program that offers MY2016 owners 5 years free mBrace. Upon scrutiny of the MY2016 program, it is simply mBrace plus MB Apps combined. Nothing new. No new hardware or software. So there is really nothing stopping them from grandfathering recent owners.

Since your forum is also pretty strong, I wanted to post the petition here. Hopefully it may make a difference.

Thanks. And since the CLA and GLA are sister-cars, I hope to continue posting relevant information here as well.

Thanks
I am Spartacus

https://www.change.org/p/dieter-zetsche-ola-k%C3%A4llenius-steve-cannon-markus-schaefer-mercedes-benz-should-grandfather-2014-2015-owners-equipped-with-mbrace-to-the-2016-program?recruiter=153099900&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

·
Registered
113 Posts
It should come as no surprise that it is very difficult to cancel the mbrace subscription. The customer rep will say they are "required" to inform you of all the wonderful benefits and features you will no longer have and will attempt to explain what the difference between the functionality of that included with a 2016 purchase and the full featured mbrace. But as I told the CR, unless you have a mobile device with the latest OS installed you cannot download the app and there is no desktop based app available. Other than the in-car connectivity, mbrace was of limited usefulness to me. Cancellation completed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Signed. Nice to see you on this forum Spartacus. I'm Jupiter Red from the CLA forum. Just upgrade from the CLA250 to a GLA45.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I remember your recent post saying goodbye. How is this forum treating you?
Lots of good info and good people here. Not as many as the CLA forum. I still visit there. The cars are so similar mechanically that it makes sense to participate in both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.