Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, just joined, and just bought a 2017 GLA 250 last night and the multi-media system buttons on the center console (Radio, Media, Navi, etc.) are not back lit so you cannot see the buttons at night. I have searched through the menus and everywhere else I can think of in order to turn on or increase the button illumination, but no success at all. These should light up right? What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the GLA forum. My 2016 GLA250 center console backscreen (looping arrow) and favorite (star) buttons do illuminate, plus there is ambient lighting on the area. Perhaps the difference is the option packages on my GLA. That said, we are an international community and you don't state where you are located, which could make a difference. Suggest you add your location, as well as GLA model and year, to your member profile, which will then show under your member name each time you post, which will aid in addressing future questions or reference for your comments. You can do so from the User CP link on the upper right of most browsers.

·
Registered
2017 GLA 250
2 Posts
Hello Everyone, just joined, and just bought a 2017 GLA 250 last night and the multi-media system buttons on the center console (Radio, Media, Navi, etc.) are not back lit so you cannot see the buttons at night. I have searched through the menus and everywhere else I can think of in order to turn on or increase the button illumination, but no success at all. These should light up right? What am I missing?
I
I am also trying to see the buttons on the center console at night. Is there any information on this here? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
I have 2019, and all the buttons are lite. Have you turned up the brightness of the dash lights? There is a small knob on the dash just left of the steering wheel about even with the turn signals lever. Try turning it if you have not done so.

·
Registered
2017 GLA 250
2 Posts
I have 2019, and all the buttons are lite. Have you turned up the brightness of the dash lights? There is a small knob on the dash just left of the steering wheel about even with the turn signals lever. Try turning it if you have not done so.
The 2017 doesn't have the small knob on the dash left of the steering wheel. :(

·
Super Moderator
947 Posts
Check your 2017 owners manual on page 183.

Instrument cluster lighting The light sensor in the instrument cluster automatically controls the brightness of the multifunction display. In daylight, the displays in the instrument cluster are not illuminated. The lighting in the instrument cluster, in the displays, and the controls in the vehicle interior can be adjusted using the brightness control knob. The brightness control knob is located on the bottom left of the instrument cluster (page 32). X Turn the brightness control knob clockwise or counter-clockwise. If the light switch is set to the AUTO, the brightness is dependent upon the brightness of the ambient light.

See the black knob just below the instrument cluster at the 10 MPH on the bottom left in the picture below.
Instrument cluster. It is small and hidden.
Camera accessory Reflex camera Cameras & optics Font Digital camera

1 - 6 of 6 Posts