Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 4-matic, base head unit. CarPlay was working fine with both my wife's iphone and mine. Shut off car, restarted after 1 hr. neither phone will connect. changed out the cables, plugged and replugged into the USB port, no joy.

·
601 Posts
Have you tried using a different cord? I think there are two different USB plugs in the car. One plug is power only and the second plug is a data plug. If you have not tried using a different cord and using both USB plugs. Possible something happened to the cord or got moved to the other USB connection.

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
Related: my wife uses a standard USB-Lightning Apple iPhone cable, and not the ridiculously expensive Mercedes one, and it works fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has yours and your wifes phones had an update recently? I noticed after the latest system update of my OnePlus device, Android Auto would work sporadically. The issue started in a previous car, but the same symptom of abruptly shutting off have carried over to the GLA. In Android devices, Android Auto is now part of the system software and has been spotty ever since the update. It may have affected CarPlay in a similar manner. Another symptom of whatever happened with the update, is that the audio will stop playing through the cars speakers and play through the device itself.

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
Another related: Audi has recently resolved its long running CarPlay sudden stoppages with a firmware update. In fairness Apple is constantly updating its iOS and it's tough for vehicle manufacturers to keep pace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts