Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's cool, I've seen pic of it on the CLA also with a cf trim for the silver part of the steering wheel. It's cool but I think your interior has to have cf trim too or else it looks out of place.

Pic below (not mine)

·
Registered
64 Posts
$500? Who in the right mind would spend that much on two pieces of carbon fiber. I'd do $250 which is way more reasonable. Not from an ebay vendor anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
$500? Who in the right mind would spend that much on two pieces of carbon fiber. I'd do $250 which is way more reasonable. Not from an ebay vendor anyway.
It's called "car is brand new and people will pay extra money to be unique". It's been a staple of the aftermarket auto supplier world since the 2nd car rolled off the assembly line :)

While I would never pay more than $200 for carbon fiber paddles it doesnt mean as much to me as it does other people so to each their own.

I will say the red carbon fiber dash that Circoloco just posted has my interest. Do you have any close up shots of that?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have to say that I'm not so much a fan of the colored carbon fiber. I just always imagine it being in black instead of any other color.

I agree that this mod would look weird unless you already have other carbon fiber in the car's interior.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Also remember we own brand new MB's, when you own a brand new MB, people think you have money growing on tree's, that supplier is just living up to that idea ;)

Smart too since someone who really wants it will pay up rather than wasting time looking for other options. It's either you have more time than money or more money than time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I mean the GLA itself is probably a bit more pricey just because of its badge, so I think that basically all of us have already fallen into the trap.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have that same piece wrapped around my steering wheel. What I did, was buy the carbon fiber interior set from CarID for $250.

That way you get the steering piece AND other nice carbon pieces. (some are hideous though)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have now carbon trim but red... But I plan to do cf in middle console.

What was the source for the dash piece? That is the one piece I'd like to overlay. The silver trim really looks cheap in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have that same piece wrapped around my steering wheel. What I did, was buy the carbon fiber interior set from CarID for $250.

That way you get the steering piece AND other nice carbon pieces. (some are hideous though)
Yup. The trick is to think like a designer and only use what supports a tasteful looking scheme so it wont look tacky, seem some horrible creations before. It can go from classy to ashy quickly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
How difficult is it to install the side view mirrors? Is it an overlay or a full replacement?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice! Post pics when you got them installed.

Maybe even steps of how difficult the installation is?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts